Sunday, March 28, 2010

Following

This is Strawberry Cookie Dough. Of course, this is not her real name. A matter of fact I don't even know her real name. This was the nickname I gave her because she was wearing a red jacket. And i decided that my subject would be some sort of cookie dough flavor. However, SCD(shortened) became my attention for an hour and a half crusade on Saturday leading from College Ave student center all the way to the ARC on Busch campus, and then the LSM Library on Busch.

After picking this lady for the project, I did my best to stay out of sight. Not even knowing where it would end, I sat in the back of the A weekend bus while SCD road along with me.

We eventually ended up at the ARC and I continued to use my Ninja-Camera skills (learned from a previous life) to document her. We ended up in LSM after a short walk from the ARC and she headed upstairs. Not wanting to be too noticeable, I did the same, but with a much slower pace. Unfortunately i forgot to bring a book-bag or even a book so I may have seemed obvious.

After going upstairs, I seemed to have lost SCD and had to scan the entire floor via sneaky isle shifting for her. Once I found her again, this time seated at the end of her journey, I took the last picture with again, Ninja-like precision and head home. I apologize for some blurry pictures as my auto focus has about a 2 second cast time.



I really liked this project because of the anonymous-ness(is that a word?) about it. It was interesting to think that SCD could have gotten off the bus and just ended up going into a dorm building, which would of lead to failure. Or she could have kept me on her trail for multiple hours if she had not sat down to study. I had a lot of fun with this one.









No comments:

Post a Comment